WITH YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT BEAU’S DREAM WILL LIVE ON
The Beau Biden Foundation for the Protection of Children was established in June 2015 as an operating non-profit to continue Beau Biden’s commitment to protecting the most vulnerable among us, especially children who have fallen victim to abuse and neglect. We believe that no child should be threatened by a predator—either an adult or a peer. We believe that child abuse can be prevented through effectively educating adults and children, developing the next generation of child welfare professionals and strengthening child protection laws around the country.
Over the last two years, we’ve trained nearly 2,500 adults in Stewards of Children®, the most effective child sexual abuse prevention program in the country. We’ve spoken to over 9,000 adults and children about Internet safety and cyberbullying. Most importantly, we’ve formed new partnerships in Delaware, Pennsylvania and New York, ensuring that Beau’s commitment to protecting children continues—and grows.
Joe and Jill Biden
BEAU BIDEN FOUNDATION’S RECENT SUCCESSSES:
- NEARLY 2,500 ADULTS trained in Stewards of Children since April 2016
- OVER 27,000 ADULTS in Delaware trained in Stewards of Children since 2011 (goal is 35,000, 5% of Delaware’s population)
- MORE THAN 8,500 KIDS in dozens of schools and Boys & Girls Clubs trained in our internet safety program
- MORE THAN 650 PARENTS served in our internet safety for parents program
- MORE THAN 4,500 CHILD ID KITS made for Delaware families
- 2 SCHOOL DISTRICTS in Delaware fully trained in Stewards of Children
- STEWARDS OF CHILDREN® TRAININGS completed for the Delaware National Guard, Wilmington Police Department, and the University of Delaware Police Department
- 14 NEW Stewards of Children facilitators trained
- 92 PEOPLE: Largest Stewards of Children training
- Internet Safety programming held at 7 YMCA CAMPS