The Shield of Protection is a unique program designed by the Beau Biden Foundation’s experts in law, education, and law enforcement to help ensure schools and youth-serving organizations have the best policies, procedures, and programming in place to help protect children from all forms of child abuse and neglect.
Participating partner organizations will receive:
• A complete assessment of existing child protection procedures and policies.
• A best practice, stand-alone child protection policy built to suit your program delivery model whether in-person, remote, or hybrid.
• A choice of two accredited child protection workshops for faculty and/or staff:
– Grooming Children, Families, and Organizations
– Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
– Protecting Children in Virtual Learning Environment
– Internet Safety and Bully Prevention
• An annual review and policy/procedure updates.
• Access to the Beau Biden Foundation’s resource library, including tip sheets for parents and caregivers, as well as eBooks covering Internet safety and online predators.
The Beau Biden Foundation’s Shield of Protection is awarded only to schools and youth-serving organizations that have achieved the best practices in child protection policies and procedures as assessed by the Beau Biden Foundation. The Shield of Protection is fully revocable if standards fall below expectations set forth in their respective assessment.
Shield of Protection Partnerships begin at $3,000, based on the complexity and the scope of work to achieve best practices. Scholarships are available.
To enroll in the Shield of Protection, or to find out more about the program, please complete and submit the form below.